With a few of the most exceptional players - like Salah, like Haaland - we've seen many times how far their best level of performance is above that of the great majority of other players; and we've seen that they reach that level repeatedly, and that, when they attain it, they usually sustain it for extended stretches of the season.
Thus, although with 'normal' players, it really takes at least two or three strong games from them before we can start feeling confident that they've hit top form, with a player like this, one outstanding match is all it takes to reassure us that they're back to their best.
I believe that Cole Palmer is such a player. And his performance against Fulham on Monday night was superb in every aspect: he really looks as if he's rediscovered his best form.
And his best form - throughout the 23-24 season and in the first half of the 24-25 season - was some of the best we've ever seen in FPL!
I'm very glad that I gambled on Palmer as my premium midfield pick for the initial squad. If you didn't, I would suggest that he is the one player people need to consider bringing in as soon as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment
All viewpoints are welcome. But please have something useful and relevant to say, give clear reasons for your opinion, and try to use reasonably full and correct sentence structure. [Anything else will be deleted!]