Friday, December 12, 2025

A little bit of Zen (72)

A graphic illustrating the concept of friction, with a football rolling in the direction of an arrow pointing to the right, and a rough surface exerting a resisting force on it, in the direction of an arrow pointing to the left
 

"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures."

 

Jessamyn West



“Friction reveals truths that lubricant obscures.”


GW


I am never one to back down from an argument...  'Productive dialogue' is always good, I feel; even if it leaves blood on the floor.

Oh, she said 'fiction'? That just makes the joke better.... Still TRUE, though.

[I know, I know: some of these weekly aphorisms are a lot less 'Zen' than others.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

All viewpoints are welcome. But please have something useful and relevant to say, give clear reasons for your opinion, and try to use reasonably full and correct sentence structure. [Anything else will be deleted!]

A little bit of Zen (106)

"You can count how many seeds are in the apple, but not how many apples are in the seed." Ken Kesey Kesey, one of the key figures ...