Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Back on Facebook!

A screenshot of the header of the new 'Zen and the Art of FPL' Facebook page I've just created to, hopefully, try to promote this blog a little better

I recounted at the beginning of the year how I'd been randomly locked out of my primary Facebook account just before Christmas, and how this had obliterated my original 'Zen and the Art of FPL' Facebook page.

After several months of intermittently trying to regain access to Facebook via that account, I have given it up as a lost cause. (The Meta 'AI Assistant' had frequently insisted it could help me to regain access without logging in; but it turns out it was lying. You can't do anything without being logged in - which means that, if your problem is that you can't log in, that is a terminal situation.)


For the new season, I thought I'd try and set the page up again, using my backup Facebook account. So, here it is:  

Zen and the Art of FPL - Facebook page


At least,.... I hope it's there. It's a bit difficult for me to see. I can't view it as outsiders would, without logging out of my Facebook account. And, given how many problems I've had over the years with logging back in, I'm kind of terrified about exposing myself to that hassle again, and try to remain permanently logged in....


There won't be much, if any, 'original content' on there; I use it mainly as a way of making it easier to share links to posts here on the main blog. But I hope it might slowly attract a bit of attention over time. We shall see...  (Everybody seems to be on Substack these days, but I've never got the hang of that; I find it a very drab and frustrating platform - difficult to search, difficult to navigate, and just very ugly in appearance. But I may have to look into it some more this season.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All viewpoints are welcome. But please have something useful and relevant to say, give clear reasons for your opinion, and try to use reasonably full and correct sentence structure. [Anything else will be deleted!]

How pricing works in FPL

  It is a mistake to suppose that the initial pricings in each new FPL season are a reliable measure of a player's value, his likely poi...